Sweden’s central bank said on Friday it would sign a deal with consultancy firm Accenture to create a pilot platform for a digital currency, known as the e-krona.
“The primary objective of the e-krona pilot project is to broaden the bank’s understanding of the technological possibilities for the e-krona,” the Riksbank said in a statement.
Cash use has declined rapidly in Sweden in recent years and the Riksbank has been looking at whether it should issue a digital currency as part of its role to promote a safe and efficient payment system.
Copyright © 2023 iCryptome.com
- BitMEX Trades Record $16 Billion in One Day
- Familiar Bitcoin Scam Defrauds Dutch Investors of $1.9 Million and Counting
- BTC At Risk of More Losses Until It Breaks $3,600
- No Resistance to $6,000 Say Bitcoin Bulls, Is Another Pump Coming?
- VVSgotchi Launches on Cronos, Expanding dApp Ecosystem With Utility-Led NFT Game